Thứ Bảy, 6 tháng 4, 2013

Phrasal verbs of COME

Phrasal Verbs of COME

come out:  to appear, to be seen. (xuất hiện)
The newspaper comes out every Monday through Friday. 
The moon came out last night.

come around : to change one's mind, to change one's opinion, agree. (thay đổi ý kiến của ai, đồng ý)
My son doesn't want to study in New Zealand, but I think he will come around to the idea if he thinks about it for a while.

come down on:  to scold or punish. (la rầy, trách mắng, trừng phạt)
Our boss really came down on us after we made that mistake.

come up with: to produce or supply. (cung cấp)
I didn't think Joe had any money but suddenly he came up with enough to buy a car.

come to (someone): remember or recall. (nhớ lại)
I didn't remember who she was and suddenly it came to me. We went to high school together.

come about : to happen. (xảy ra) 
You became the mayor of your city? Wow! How did that come about?

come across: to find. (tìm kiếm)
Last night I came across my old photographs. I haven't seen them in years.

come down with: to become sick. (bị bệnh)
Oh that new disease is terrible. I hope I don't come down with it.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét